An Imposing Building With a Long History
The Vienna Palace of Justice is an imposing building that dominates the Vienna city center. It was built between 1875 and 1881 to designs by Theophil Hansen and is a significant example of Neo-Renaissance architecture.
The Palace of Justice is a four-winged building with a total area of around 100,000 square meters. It houses, among others, the Supreme Court, the Regional Court for Criminal Matters Vienna, the Regional Court for Civil Matters Vienna, and the Labor and Social Court Vienna.
The building is elaborately designed and features numerous columns, arches, and statues. The inner courtyard is covered by a glass dome and houses a fountain with a statue of Justice.
The Palace of Justice is a popular tourist destination and can be visited as part of a guided tour.